Today is our last day in the Bahamas and we are completely torn. Every day this week we have gone back and forth about if we are ready to head back to the States or not. Sometimes yes and sometimes no, for various reasons.
Multiple times we have very strongly considered staying out here until the last possible second before Bo returns to work, but we always circle back around and decide it is best to head in now. So, with a heavy (ish) heart this ship will be headed west tomorrow morning.
We should have a 3 day and 3 night sail directly from the Abacos to Charleston harbor – weather pending, obviously. As of now, weather is good and we are packing up. I should note that we are completely out of propane, almost out of water, and filling diesel with jerry cans as I type…provisions are low people. We are going to be arriving on fumes, dirty and probably hungry. No propane = no cooking. haha. We are typically very organized and on top of it – but things have gotten a little lax in our final weeks.
Except, no. We tried for over two hours to get water and diesel yesterday and finally gave up. We aren’t so much lax, as over it. Hence – let’s get this boat somewhere a tad more convenient for daily life 🙂 We are going to pull into town, buy a car, and go to the grocery, probably in that order. (If you are selling a car in Charleston let me know!)
Eventually we will have some profound thoughts on returning almost exactly two years to the day (!!!!!) that we left, all that we have learned, and what the future plans may be, but for now I am headed to the beach!